Plymouth, NH - The Lyndon women's tennis team dropped a 9-0 decision at Plymouth State University on Friday evening. The match was the season opener for both schools.
Match results were as follows:
- Sage Winter (PSU) def. Savannah Jackson (LSC) 6-0, 6-0
- Maggie McCarthy (PSU) def. Rachel Scholfield (LSC) 6-0, 6-0
- Kerstin Venincasa (PSU) def. Faibe Achinda (LSC) 6-0, 6-0
- Jenna Sundquist (PSU) def. Melissa Calabro (LSC) 6-0, 6-0
- Megan Wheeler (PSU) def. Erica Hayacawa (LSC) 6-0, 6-0
- PSU 6-0, 6-0 (LSC Forfeit)
- Chloe Knapp / Alex Dunn (PSU) def. Savannah Jackson / Rachel Scholfield (LSC) 8-0
- Lily O'Connor / Kelley Corson (PSU) def. Faibe Achinda / Melissa Calabro (LSC) 8-0
- PSU 8-0 (LSC Forfeit)
The Hornets return to the courts on Wednesday, when they host Johnson State College at the Dudley Bell Tennis Center. Play is scheduled to begin at 3:30 pm.